Diwali Celebrations & End of Term
Students observing Diwali on 19th October must call the school office if they wish to take one day off for religious observance. Many thanks and we hope you have a wonderful day. Happy Diwali!
Term will end on Friday 20th October and all students will return to the academy on Wednesday 1st November 2017.
Have a safe and enjoyable break.
The Home-Academy Agreement is part of our behaviour policy.
Ark Boulton recognises that the successful development of its' students depends on an effective partnership of academy, students and parents. All three parties share responsibility for the development and achievement of each student. Together, we commit ourselves to the following:
The Academy’s educational responsibilities:
- The academy has high expectations of all its students and will provide a secure environment in which each student is encouraged to grow and learn.
- The academy will provide high quality teaching and a curriculum that is appropriate to the needs of all its students, including those with special needs.
- The academy will keep parents informed about the progress of their child and will let them know immediately if there are concerns about their learning or behaviour.
- Academy staff will treat all students with respect.
- The following items are strictly prohibited from being on site. These items will be confiscated and the student’s Head of Year informed. The items will not be returned to students but made available, at an agreed to time, for collection by parents/carers: mobile phones, sweets, chewing gum and fizzy drinks, “tippex”, personal stereo equipment, MP3 players.
- The Safety of student and staff at Ark Boulton follows the procedures for Child Protection of the Birmingham Area Child Protection Committee and Birmingham Education Authority. If at any time we believe that a child is in danger as a result of abuse or neglect we will refer the case to Social Services.
- In the interest of safety for both students and staff we may restrain a student if we feel that they are endangering, or will endanger themselves, others or property. On occasions, we may make appropriate physical contact with a child either because they are in need of help or comfort or because we are giving them emergency medical treatment.
- I/We will do whatever we can to support our child’s learning.
- I/We will actively support the academy’s behaviour policy.
- I/We will ensure that our child is properly equipped for the academy and wearing academy uniform.
- I/We will check my child’s key to success daily.
- I/We will attend Parents’ Evenings and Target Setting Interviews at the academy.
- I/We will ensure that our child attends regularly and punctually. We will inform the academy as soon as possible of the reason for any absence.
- I/We agree to the terms of the paragraph on safety, as written above.
- I/We understand that the academy Governors would expect me to contribute to the cost of any deliberate damage to academy property on the part of my daughter/son.
- I/We understand that the quality of my child’s work and behaviour will lead to rewards and sanctions as set out in the academy’s behaviour policy including ‘same day’ detentions until 16.35 and, for more serious failings, a 1.25 hour detention until 17.00.
- I/We understand that the academy behaviour policy and procedures have been approved by the governing body and sanctions applied in accordance with the policy are not negotiable.
- I/We understand that the compulsory academy day normally ends at 15.35 on Monday to Thursday but that my child may be kept in the academy until 16.35 or 17.00 without prior notice.
- I/We understand that the compulsory academy day ends at 13.45 lunchtime on Friday and notice will be given in advance (or on the day if necessary) if my child is to be kept in the academy Friday detention until 14.45 or 15.35. By signing this document you agree to abide by the expectations contained in the declarations.
- I will always do my best with my academy work and my consolidation and preparation.
- I will obey the classroom rules and the corridor rules.
- I will treat other people and academy property with respect.
- I will come to the academy properly equipped, on time and in academy uniform.
- I will have my key to success and a reading book with me in all lessons.
- I will not bring any banned article or substance into the academy. I understand that this includes tobacco, alcohol, qat, illegal drugs and other mind altering substances.
- I will not bring ipods, computer games or other valuable items into the academy.
- I will not bring knives, blades or other weapons or dangerous items into the academy. I understand that if I do bring in any such items I will be permanently excluded.
- I understand that the quality of my work and behaviour will lead to rewards and sanctions as set out in the academy’s behaviour policy including ‘same day’ detentions and for more serious failings a 1.25 hour detention.
Download our Home-Academy Agreement here - Home-Academy Agreement