End of term arrangements
Students will be dismissed at 1.20pm on Friday 21st December for the holiday season.
All students will return on Wednesday 9th January for an 8.15am start.
The Student Leadership Team
At Ark Boulton Academy we believe that students should be given a wide range of opportunities to develop and practice leadership skills in preparation for life beyond school. As part of this we have a continuous team of students taking part in leadership roles and responsibilities such as student leaders, sports leaders and the student council.
Student Leadership Opportunities
There are twenty five 'Student Leaders' who perform one duty per week to role model academy standards. They attend a weekly leadership training course on participation and communication.
There are thirteen 'Sports Leaders' which consist of Year 10 students. They organise and are in charge of lunchtime activities. They encourage participation in activities which helps fellow pupils to regulate their lunchtime and engage in activities to improve their well-being.
Peer Tutoring Programme
Opportunities will be made available for groups of students to become peer tutors at different points in the year. Students will be selected in July for a programme of study to start in September.
The aim of the school council body is to act as a working party and be the voice for students across the academy to be represented in the wider academy community. Two members from each year group form the whole school council will meet fortnightly to discuss items arising from their year group.
Aims of our Student Leadership
- To empower students to work in partnership with staff towards shared goals.
- To enable creativity to flourish as the school community benefits from the wealth of experiences, ideas, skills and sense of fun that students bring.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills through a variety of inspiring, challenging and valued projects which impact positively on learning, teaching and well-being for both students and staff at Ark Boulton Academy.
- To prepare students for Higher Education and for achieving personal and professional excellence in life after formal education.
Ark Boulton Academy Aims
- Provide a wide range of participation and leadership opportunities which cater for all students in the school.
- Maximise the number and range of students undertaking leadership roles.
- Provide recognition of all student leadership roles.
- Encourage students to differentiate between student participation and student leadership.
- Provide students with access to key staff for support and guidance.
- Develop all student participation and leadership skills through specific programmes.