End of Term Arrangements
The last day of term for all students will be Thursday 24th May.
The academy will be closed to students on Friday 25th May for staff INSET day, with the exception of Year 11 with examinations.
World Aids Day 2017
This week, student's are focusing on World Aids Day, which is on Friday 1st December 2017.
World Aids Day reminds the public and the government that HIV has not gone away - there is still a vital need to raise money, increase awareness, fight prejudice and improve education. HIV is one of the most destructive pandemics in history:
- Around 100,000 people in the UK are currently living with HIV.
- Globally, an estimated 34 million people have HIV.
- More than 35 million people have died from the virus.
This year, the Ark Boulton team are helping to raise awareness through assemblies and virtues lessons, and raise money for the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund. Every year the fund reaches out and improves the lives of up to 100,000 disadvantaged children and their famililes in Southern Africa. We are honoured to be supporting such a cause by selling Red Ribbons at our academy.
Every Red Ribbon sold will go towards the work the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund is dedicated to, including:
- Identifying and protecting vulnerable children who have lost parents to HIV/Aids.
- Supporting child refugees/displaced children living in poverty.
- Helping young people develop their education, income generating and work skills.
- Gaining access to healthcare and education for sick and disabled children.