Diwali Celebrations & End of Term
Students observing Diwali on 19th October must call the school office if they wish to take one day off for religious observance. Many thanks and we hope you have a wonderful day. Happy Diwali!
Term will end on Friday 20th October and all students will return to the academy on Wednesday 1st November 2017.
Have a safe and enjoyable break.
Subject Spotlight - Music
‘Subject Spotlight’ is a new feature to our website, and will showcase a few highlights and snapshots of the excellent work and achievements of staff and students from a particular department. This month’s department is Music.
The Music department is bursting with talent and last week we had a performance for the whole school from our academy choir. Miss Al-Hanoush and six students performed amazingly and we were all blown away! The performance is available to view on our Twitter page. A huge well done to Samera Begum, Farzana Hussain, Ramla Omar Abdullahi, Usman Liaquat, Ayesha Ahmed, and Madeeah Kauser for taking part.
As well as choir, we also run after school clubs to practice instruments such as the keyboard, the guitar, drum kits, clarinet, dhol drums, and the flute to name a few.
The staff would like to give a huge shout out to some of our Music Superstars:
Ukulele Club: Mohammed Islam
Keyboard Club: Deon Mohammed, Husnain Ali, Aleeqa Ibrahim, Aleena Habib, Sundus Mohamoud
Overall commitment to Music lessons, keyboards club and violin lessons: Yousuf Ibrahim
- Miss Al-Hanoush started playing the violin at the age of 5.
- She performed at venues such as the O2 Arena, Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall, and Symphony Hall.
- She played in all the Birmingham Schools Orchestras as a teenager.
- Sang with a choir which performed at the O2.
- Still recording in music studios and playing outside school at events such as weddings.
- Mr Richards has been a guitarist since 2003.
- He is currently playing in local bands.
- He also works with students at the Birmingham Rock School.
So where will your talent take you? Visit the staff in the Creative and Performing Arts Department to find out more.