Half Term Dates
The academy will be closed to all students between Monday 19th - Friday 23rd February.
We will open again as usual on Monday 26th February. Thank you.
Reduce Exam Stress
Examinations and the time leading up to them can be very stressful, so we’ve compiled some ‘go to’ information for students and their parents to help deal with this period more effectively.
What is stress?
It is common to feel stressed during the examination period. Stress is a natural reaction to added pressure and excessive demands you may come across in life. Feeling this way can make you feel overwhelmed or run down. It is therefore, important that you do as much as you can to reduce your stress levels.
What can I do to help reduce my level of stress?
There are a few simple steps you can implement to help reduce any stress related anxiety or nervousness. See our gallery below for more information on each point:
- Eat and drink well.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Exercise and walk.
- Take regular breaks.
- Avoid distractions!
Further information on all things exam can be found here. Remember to utilise the revision sessions and facilities available at the academy, we're all here to help you achieve your best!
What can I do as a parent to help my child during exams?
- Help your child by making sure their home learning environment is as calm and comfortable as it can be for revision.
- Have a copy of any revision timetables your child may have so you can help support the revision process. The academy weekly revision timetables are available here.
- You can also help ensure your child takes scheduled breaks in between revising so they don’t overwhelm themselves.
- Ensure healthy snacks and drinks are available.
- Offer your help and support when revising, i.e. perhaps you could ask questions on a particular subject in a ‘quick fire round’ or help time practice papers.
More information and guidance for parents can be found here.
If you would like to discuss any concerns you may have about the exams, please do not hesitate to get in touch via the usual platforms.