End of term arrangements
Students will be dismissed at 1.20pm on Friday 21st December for the holiday season.
All students will return on Wednesday 9th January for an 8.15am start.
Top Tips to Reduce Stress this Exam Season
Examinations and the time leading up to them can be very stressful, so we’ve compiled some ‘go to’ information for students and their parents to help deal with this period more effectively.
What is stress?
It is common to feel stressed during the examination period. Stress is a natural reaction to added pressure and excessive demands you may come across in life. Feeling this way can make you feel overwhelmed or run down. It is therefore important that you do as much as you can to reduce your stress levels.
What can I do to help reduce my level of stress?
There are a few simple steps you can implement to help reduce any stress related anxiety or nervousness. See our gallery below for more information on each point:
Further information on all things exam can be found here on our dedicated Year 11 revision pages. Remember to utilise the revision sessions and facilities available at the academy, we're all here to help you achieve your best!
What can I do as a parent to help my child during exams?
- Help your child by making sure their home learning environment is as calm and comfortable as it can be for revision.
- Have a copy of any revision or exam timetables your child may have so you can help support the revision process. The timetables can be found on this page.
- You can also help ensure your child takes scheduled breaks in between revising so they don’t overwhelm themselves.
- Ensure healthy snacks and drinks are available.
- Offer your help and support when revising, i.e. perhaps you could ask questions on a particular subject in a ‘quick fire round’ or help time practice papers.
If you would like to discuss any concerns you may have about the exams, please do not hesitate to get in touch via the usual platforms.