Ark Boulton Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, mixed school serving 11–16 year olds. Each year we admit 180 children into Year 7. To apply, you will need to go through the Birmingham City Council website. If you need any help with the admissions process, then please give us a call.
When we admit students, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and children who have been previously looked after.
- Children of staff who are filling a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children who, at the time of the admission, have a sibling, resident at the same address, who attends the academy.
- Children of staff who are not filling a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children who live closest to the academy by straight line distance from their home to the main entrance.
Parent Reminder for September 2020 Entry
Any procedures and queries regarding application to Ark Boulton Academy can be found:
- on the Birmingham City Council website
- by ringing the Birmingham Admissions Team on 0121 303 1888
- by emailing email@example.com
If you have any specific questions about the academy please contact our Admissions Team on 0121 773 8156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
Deadline for lodging an appeal
|2nd March 2020||20th April 2020|
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
If you wish to appeal for a place in September 2020 Year 7, please click here for the Ark secondary appeal form, and contact Birmingham City Council on 0121 303 1888 to notify the Admissions Team of your appeal.
Due to the COVID-19 situation it will clearly not be possible to hold panel hearings in the usual way this year. The Department for Education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with, it being preferable that appeals are heard before the beginning of the Autumn term. Birmingham City Council will contact all appellants with information about the exact process and timelines.