Forgiveness means 'to cease to feel resentment against (an offender)'.
Forgiveness leads to:
- a reduction in negative affect and depressive symptoms
- a restoration of positive thinking
- a restoration of relationships
- a reduction in anxiety
- strengthened spirituality
- raised self-esteem
- a greater sense of hope
- a greater capacity for conflict management
- a greater ability to cope with stress and find relief
How do we demonstrate forgiveness?
- By correcting my mistakes instead of punishing myself.
- By remembering that everyone makes mistakes and therefore not holding grudges or taking revenge, even if we feel they don’t deserve it.
- By letting go of feelings or anger that affect my present and future.
During home learning:
- By letting go of feelings or anger that might occur when using new technologies.
- By having patience when I am struggline with my learning or technology.