Service is 'a helpful act' or the 'contribution to the welfare of others'.
By serving others:
- we help others feel good
- we create a sense of belonging and purpose
- we keep things in perspective
- you boost your self-esteem
- we create stronger friendships
How do we demonstrate service?
- By clearing my own rubbish and serving others in the canteen.
- By keeping the academy environment clean and free from litter.
- By giving my talents and time for others to strengthen the community.
- By having generosity in spirit, thoughts, words and deeds so that I can help others whenever this is needed as well as inspiring others to do so.
During home learning:
- By serving my family during lockdown by helping around the house.
- By understanding that my family may be going through changes or challenges due to the Covid pandemic situation.