Safety & WelfareArk Boulton offer a range of support services to help keep you safe. Alongside your Welfare Tutors, the school provide access to a school counsellor and school nurse. If you have any concerns about your safety or wellbeing, report them using the sharp system.
Our Welfare Team
At Ark Boulton, we work closely with West Midlands Police to help keep our students safe. Below we share some suggestions to help you protect yourself from harm.
We know how much your personal belongings can mean to you, and the impact they would have if they’re gone. We hope you never find yourself in a position of having any of your belongings stolen, so we want to pass on some simple steps that can help prevent that happening…
- Keep your phone out of sight
- When leaving the gates try traveling home with your mates
- Keep your bags closed and close to you
Remember, be aware and take care.
In an emergency call 999.
Chat to West Midlands Police on Live Chat between 8am - midnight, or call 101 anytime
Birmingham Children's Partnership
Please read this letter for a range of both emergency and on-going support services, designed to help you.
Pause - Forward Thinking Birmingham
Need someone to talk to? Struggling to cope with feelings? Forward Thinking Birmingham is here to help
Register for support via their website or call 0207 841 4470 and they will arrange to call you back.
- Monday - Friday: 10am - 6pm
- Saturdays: 10am - 5pm
Who can use it?
- Individuals under 25 years old.
- Parents looking to support their child who is under 25 years old.
How do they help?
During each 20-30 minute call they will focus on ways forward, including providing:
- Self help strategies, skills for managing difficult situations and feelings
- A non-judgemental listening ear
- Details of other organisations that may be able to help
Mental Health Support Docs
Below we have listed a number of support services you can contact. There are also a few articles that might help you along your way.
Aquarius: 0121 622 7780
Cruise: 0808 808 1677
Young Carers Support: 0121 355 2707
Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111