Planning for the future
Now that you have left Ark Boulton, you should be fully focussed on preparing yourself for the future in front of you.
Some of the useful things that you can be doing during your summer are:
- Check your college website regularly for updates. Colleges will be providing virtual and eventually, in person events. In addition, register your email so that you came receive regular updates from the college.
- Look out for any announcements about bridging units. Where possible, begin working through any course material that the college has made available on their website. If you do already know the exam board that you are going to be studying at college, familiarise yourself with their website and download the specification.
- Make sure you’ve got all of the paperwork required to enrol at the college as this will speed up the process on results day.
- Research what clubs and societies you can sign up for when you start in September. Taking part in extracurricular activities whilst at college will be great to add to your university or job applications.
- Looking further ahead and beyond year 13, you should continue exploring the university or career route that interests you. Research when their open days take place and book to visit the campus. A useful link to explore your university route can be found here
- If you still haven’t signed up, please consider signing up to the Ark Alumni:
- By joining you will have access to the Ark Alumni online platform where you can access opportunities, online networks and stay in touch with other alumni 24/7.
- You will also receive a 1:1 pastoral support,
- A peer mentor.
- Supportive online networks for you’re university/career sector.
- Exclusive job/internship opportunities.
- Training and events to support you’re professional development.
- An ‘Industry Mentor’ in the sector you’re hoping to work in.
- Exclusive offers and freebies from our partners.
- If you prefer to do an apprenticeship, take a gap year or go straight into employment once you leave school, you can also have support in in making the decisions. There are hundreds of resources available for you to use, as well as virtual workshops with top employers.
We have every faith in all of you being successful in life, and now is certainly the opportunity to ensure you keep moving forward in the right direction.
As well as the links below, you can login into SpArk and visit this Careers and University page for hints and tips to support you.
You can also contact College and Careers Guidance Birmingham for more information via: BCareers@Birmingham.gov.uk or call 07864926905