Ark is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of visitors when using our websites or communicating electronically with us. This policy covers the use of personally identifiable information that is collected in this way.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and may be updated from time to time.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, please be aware that the Internet is not a fully secure medium. We use secure servers for collecting sensitive information.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device; for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task.
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested.
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
- Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. If you choose not to accept the cookie, this will not affect your access to the majority of facilities available on our website.
- All computers have the ability to decline cookies. You can easily decline or remove cookies from your computer using the settings within the Internet options section in your browser control panel.
Hard copies of all policy documents are available upon request from the academy reception.