Pupils voice is essential at Ark Boulton Academy. We value to opinions and voice of every pupils. In order to make sure that pupils are able to share their opinions in a way that they are heard and acted upon we have prefects and head and deputy head pupils who form our student council.
At Ark Boulton we have 2 clear layers of leadership. Prefects are elected by each form to represent the views of their form and to disseminate information from the student council meeting. These pupils are excellent role models who exemplify our academy values. Their role includes to attend regular school council meetings, one lunchtime duty where they role model expected behaviours to other pupils and to represent the school at parents evenings, school functions as well as meet VIP guests.
We also have two year 11 pupils who are head pupils and three deputy head pupils. The role of these pupils is the same as the prefects. In addition, they lead the student council to ensure that all pupils are actively involved in sharing their voice and opinions.
Leadership roles and responsibilities
Universal Duties – There are some duties which all student leaders will be expected to complete regardless of their specific position.
· Role model academy values at all times
· Role model uniform standards at all times
· Maintain excellent levels of attendance
· Perform one lunch duty per week
· Support staff at school events (Parents evenings etc.)
One per form in years 7-10
· Encourage participation in and support for Interform events.
· Lead on encouraging participation in student voice.
· Gather opinions from their form about key issues, school development plans and general concerns.
· Represent the views of their peers at council meetings.
· Communicate information from School Council back to their form.
· To identify and organise fundraising opportunities for their year group.
· Lead their form in fundraising activities.
· Take part in any subcommittees created by the council.
Two year 11 students will be elected from the student leaders.
· To act as an exemplary academic and character role model.
· Lead the school council.
· Meet with SLT/ Principal to express the views of the council and feedback to the council.
· Represent the school and student body at school events including delivering speeches.
· Welcome visitors to the school.
· Support with the organisation of other student leaders, including break and lunch duties.
· Support with the training of new student leaders.
· To report on the work of the school council.
· To support the Upper School leadership team with the planning, organisation and fundraising of the year 11 leaver’s event/prom.